Recreation > Hunting
Hunting, fishing, trapping and other 2019-2020 license and harvest permits for fish and wildlife activities in Wisconsin will go on sale in early 2019. Visit the DNR website for more information. Licenses and permits for 2018-2019 expire in March 2019.
St. Germain is ideally situated between the Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest and the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. The area abounds with wildlife and is a perfect place to harvest your trophy.
- Click here for Wisconsin’s hunting & trapping season dates.
- Click here for information about deer feeding and baiting ban in Forest, Oneida and Vilas County that started January 11, 2016.
- Click here for more information about deer feeding and baiting bans in effect statewide for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD).
You can also sign up for the DNR News & Outdoor email report.
Interesting Hunting Related Articles
- Baiting & Feeding Regulations for Bear — Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources info.
- Baiting & Feeding Regulations for Deer — Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources info.
- Chronic Wasting Disease in Wisconsin — Includes links to maps, publication & reports about CWD.
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids — Electronic magazine for kids. Learn about the great outdoors!
- Hunting in Wisconsin — Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources info.
- Northern Highland-American Legion State Forest Recreational Overview Map — Recreation & facilities map in the NHAL State Forest (PDF).
- Public Access Lands in Oneida County (PDF) — Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Public Access Lands in Vilas County (PDF) — Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Public Shooting Ranges in Wisconsin - Online interactive map.
- State Owned Lands — Links to information and maps for state owned lands to hunt.
- Wisconsin Hunter Education Classes — Courses offered by the Department of Natural Resources.
- Wisconsin Hunting Regulations & Hours — Department of Natural Resources information.
- Wisconsin Outdoor Report — Weekly report is updated every Thursday at noon.
- Out-of-State Firewood Regulations